QuickBooks Unauthorized Error Code 401 is essentially an unauthorized request that affects versions (online and desktop) of QuickBooks differently. QuickBooks error code 401 appears on QuickBooks Desktop while QuickBooks HTTP API error 401 occurs on QuickBooks Online (QBO). Except for errors accounting software is easier to use but you also must know about effective tips for optimizing accounting software.
While working on QuickBooks accounting software, the system suddenly encountered unauthorized access to QuickBooks software. This type of error is called QuickBooks error 401. Well, faced with QuickBooks 401 unauthorized error code and not being able to find a solution to fix it, no problem; We are here to help you in any way possible.
a message appears on your screen when encountering QuickBooks error code 401:
An error: (401) Unauthorized.
The request is unauthorized.
Do you want to log in again?
Reasons behind QuickBooks error code 401
- When a user logs in to the company file or accountant’s toolbox.
- Such an error can also occur during the registration process when installing QuickBooks.
- This can also happen when sending invoices using QuickBooks Payments.
steps to fix Quickbooks Error Code 401 Instantly
You won’t find many solutions to fix QuickBooks error code 401. When the problem appears on the screen with error text, follow some simple methods below.
- First, select No and close the error message window
- Then upgrade QuickBooks software to the latest version
Effective Methods to Upgrade the QuickBooks Software to the Latest Version
Some methods are here to upgrade the QuickBooks software to the latest version:
Method 1: set automatic updates
To upgrade to the latest version of QuickBooks, set up automatic updates. The automatic update option saves a lot of time and ensures timely updates. The methods involved in this process are
- This may include going to the Help menu and selecting Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Update Now tab.
- Check the Reset updates box and delete all previous update downloads.
- Select Get Update to begin downloading.
- Once the download is complete, make sure to restart the software
- Finally, accept the option to install the new version.
Method 2: set time for automatic future update
Another option can be selected to schedule updates. This means you can prepare QuickBooks updates as desired and the software will be upgraded automatically. Further methods are mentioned below.
- Update QuickBooks Desktop by clicking on the help menu
- Search in the Options tab
- Now select Yes to enable automatic updates.
- Share downloads automatically to other systems on the network,
- select yes for each design.
- Then press Close.
Method 3: Manually upgrade the procedure
If you are not satisfied with automatic updates and want to update the software manually, follow the steps below.
- Close the company file and QuickBooks
- Next, go to the Windows Start menu
- Once done, find the QuickBooks screen. Right-click on the icon and select Run as administrator
- Go to the Help menu when you’re on the No Company Access screen, then tap Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Options tab then select Mark All and select Save.
- Now find the Update Now account and check the Reset updates box.
- Finally, choose to receive updates.
There is no doubt that updating QuickBooks software will permanently remove the QuickBooks 401 error code. You can do any of the above methods to fix this error.
We end the article here with the hope that the QuickBooks 401 error message problem no longer bothers you. If this error is still confusing for you, then you can get help from the QuickBooks support team the experts will help you and will give you an accurate solution.
Read more pages